Puppy walking in C shape since grooming

@johnbiggs The matting was definitely extremely tight and painful. After shaving a dog super close to the skin like that, she must feel exposed and insecure, along with pain, now that her skin can breathe. I hope this is a lesson to you to brush your dog.

@johnbiggs I know you didnt put the blame on your groomer, I was referring to you. Why didn't you start brushing her from the get-go? It makes no sense to get a curly coated dog and not brush them.

@johnbiggs i would say she’s just feeling uncomfortable now that the matting is gone bc she isn’t used to being without it. she should be fine in a few days once the hair starts growing back and definitely make sure you are brushing and combing her and getting her groomed regularly. dogs also feed off of your energy so if you guys are super worried about this and acting different towards her she is going to keep acting this way. I would just give it some time

@johnbiggs If you follow around the dog freaking out and babying her, it is just going to encourage the behavior because behavior=attention. Puppies are very impressionable. Just ignore it and she will most likely stop. You were there so you saw she wasn’t injured. She’s very new to life. New sensations are confusing to puppies. Air wasn’t touching her skin before and now she is very short so it feels weird. She will get used to it. Could very well also be her tail looking/feeling different. Once again, she will get used to it. New pet parents really need to understand these are DOGS!

@johnbiggs Can I suggest reaching out to your groomer and asking about puppy visits. It’s what I did with mine to get her used to going. It’s typically not a full groom so pricing was discounted

@johnbiggs my puppy did this after her 1st SHORT cut (shih tzu). Her tail curled up and touched her back. It was like... MOM SOMETHING IS TICKLING MY BACK OH WAIT ITS MY TAIL. Few days out, she got used to it and stopped walking like that.

Back