Prey drive

ever0739

My acd is absolutely out of his mind bonkers let me tell u. He genuinely kills an animal a day, AT LEAST. It’s spring where we are now, moving into summer weather, and since it started warming up and all the animals are back out, I’ve had gifts daily.

He’s older too which blows my mind and never when we lived in an apartment did he seem to have such a high prey drive, but ever since moving somewhere with a yard this guy is unstoppable.

He’s dug a trench practically surrounding the entire fence line, and dug up a lot of the roots of bushes or trees, i think that’s him thinking they were animals. Cus like I said he’s a bit older and all though the vet doesn’t seem worried, I think his eyes are going a bit (8.5 yrs old).

Nevertheless, a treat a day for me!!! Yesterday I got a baby dekays snake, today I got their sibling, and last week I got several moles and possum. A couple weeks ago he went head to head with a six foot garden snake that he successfully tortured to death as well.

I often joke with my family who has doodles that I have a REAL dog. But really he’s just insane, I have to say I’m beyond impressed with his athleticism and hunting skills though and so wish I had a farm for him cus he’d certainly be employee of the month

@ever0739 I was going to give some younger dog training tips, but so far these gifts don't sound too bad.

I had mine on a farm and it was definitely challenging keeping him from ALL the animals (he can't tell which are friends!)

Mine saw a rabbit on our yard two days ago. He's been on high alert for this thing since.

Back