People are doodling everything

smithy60

Wish us luck. We have a 1 yr old Komondor x poodle mix coming in next week 😅 never been groomed before and matted

@smithy60 wonder if it’s doodle matted or komondor matted… (jk I know the answer, cording is an art) who wants to bet they complain about a shave though? 😂

@smithy60 I had a mixed breed the other day that I thought was a wirey coated poodle mix, but couldn't tell with what. It's head was fat and huge like a bully breed but it just didnt look bully at all.

Anyways, on pickup the owner said it was a wheaten x American bulldog. Very strange looking dog and weirdly super friendly, happy, and well behaved.

@cerulean123 I saw this one dog a couple times who was a flat coat retreiver and i guess basset, very stocky, bent front legs and low to the ground like them, a sleek black coat, and then just a retreiver head on it, like if you saw her peeking up over an edge youd expect a regular non-mix. She was so cute but it was striking.

@smithy60 My shop has an Akita doodle (hair is thankfully super wirey but the dog is neurotic to all hell). The weirdest mix I've worked on though was a Springer X Bassett hound (basically just a Bassett with really thick hair that left lines no matter how you cut it)

@smithy60 I've had 5 doodles in the last two days. Besides the matting I'm black and blue up and down my arms and belly with getting kicked and fighting with them. My whole body aches today.

@smithy60 I sometimes groom a poodle x st Bernard and a poodle x Pyrenees 🥲 thankfully the latter adopted more of the Pyrenees coat so he's less prone to matting. His owners already have a massive standard poodle (he's tall and like 80-90lbs. It's weird) they can't take care of and always get a #5 special from most to tail. Sometimes a 10.

@jerfjerf We have two st Bernard poodles from the same litter. Luckily at least one of them has an easy thin wirey textured coat. And she's only like 60lbs whereas her brother is creeping up to 100lbs, and has a curly, dense, shedding coat 🙃 I was the newest groomer at my shop up until recently so I don't end up doing them as much as I used to 😅

Back