Neighbor keeps accusing me of leaving dog poop on her yard

hawkangel

Hi guys. So I have a neighbor that keeps accusing me of leaving dog poop on her lawn. It started about a month ago when I was walking my dog and he squatted to pee on her lawn when she yelled “Are you gonna pick that up?” in a snooty tone. I replied saying “He didn’t poop, he was peeing.” It was dark outside so I gave her the benefit of the doubt that it probably looked like my dog was squatting to poop. Now, a month later, she has stopped me while walking my dog 3 other times to ask me if my dog pooped on her lawn. I answer the same thing every time “No.” Yesterday, I was already having a rough day for other reasons and she stopped me again. She yelled “UM EXCUSE ME. Did you leave a blue doggy bag with poop in it on my lawn because it looks like the blue dog bags that you carry around. I think it’s you.” I explained to her that it wasn’t me and she just kept saying things like “mhm. k”. I’m losing my patience with his woman. I’m frustrated because I take pride in being a good pet owner and ALWAYS pick up after my dog. But, she just keeps pressing. She always has an attitude when asking and I’m just so annoyed. Plus, she has a camera outside of her house. If she looked at footage, she could see for herself that I’ve never left anything behind on her lawn. I try to be nice to her because she always confronts me in front of her son and I don’t want to cause a scene in front of him. What do you guys suggest I do?

@hawkangel You can be nice in front of her son without eating crap from her. "I'm starting to feel like you have it out for me. I always clean up after my dog. Perhaps please check your camera before continuing to accuse me." You're entitled to walk your dog without being harassed.

@anothny "Did your dog poop in my yard?"

"No, he was born without an arsehole(lift your dogs tail). See, it's just his belly button."

Change your response to her daily.

@anothny Totally off topic, was once walking with my dog he pooped, I picked it up then heard shouted from over the rd some guy 'well I thought you looked fit till you did that'

Like what...

I angrily offered for him to have the poop bag as a momento, he walked off...

@doelight Not really many responses. Was literally struck for words as all I usually get is like OP says, people having a go just because uou have a dog.

I've had proper claim I should pick up some random poop as I was picking up after my own dogs, I kindly offered them a bag and said they could also pick it up as they saw it first.

@hawkangel We have a neighbor like this. I swear, the day she moved in, she ruined the whole vibe of our street. Day one, she immediately put up two of those “please clean up after your dog” signs. One was in her yard, and the other was in a shared space at the end of the cul de sac. Several of us on the street have dogs and we’re really the only ones who would use the shared space. We’ve never had a problem with anyone leaving poop behind. We all clean up after our dogs. This crazy ass comes outside to watch us clean up, she’s followed my neighbors down the sidewalk and said she was just making sure they were carrying their poop bag away. She’s come out at 11 at night to stand there and watch you pick up shit. It’s crazy. I’ve started walking our dogs the other way. It’s not worth the hassle anymore.

@batmanspiderman Talk with your dog owning neighbors and set up a schedule. Three minutes after someone gets back inside with their dog, someone else goes out with theirs. If the nosy lady isn't outside, ring her door bell and invite her out to supervise. If she wants to make sure that people are picking up after their dogs, make sure she's out there for each and every turd.

Back