my puppy died today

@rmbinsb I'm so sorry for your loss :( I know there is a horrible illness going around mimicking the symptoms of kennel cough but can quickly with in 24 hours turn into ammonia. I've heard of it killing a few dogs.

Don't feel like this is your fault.

@rmbinsb My heart goes out to you
Praying for better days to come and peace to be found 🤍
You did everything you could plus some I promise you Cleo wouldn’t want you feeling any type of guilt or pain.
A lot easier said than done this I know, just do the best you can you aren’t alone 🤍

@rmbinsb I’m so sorry this happened to you and Cleo.

There’s nothing I can say to make it better. I’m truly sorry you had to go through this.

@rmbinsb I also lost my dog around this time last year, he was also 3 months old and he was due for another round of vaccines, one of those being his parvo vaccine. His appointment was on a Monday, the Friday before he started throwing up and had diarrhea. I assumed he ate something bad that my son may have left out and let it run its course that night, the next morning when it was still happening me and my husband took him to the vet immediately. He had parvo and we don't even know how he got it. It was the worst 48 hours of my life as the vet did everything they could and he was still getting worse. When they called me Monday morning to tell me he passed I have never felt so much guilt and sadness. Every time I think about it and my final goodbye to him, i tear up. I don't think I will ever get another dog again, it was so hard and I'm so sorry you are also feeling the pain and guilt, but truly you have nothing to feel guilty about. Just let grief take its time, and know that your pup only felt loved from you.

@rmbinsb I had a dog who got sick at 6 months, she pulled through and had worms, but It was one of the lowest I've ever felt. The concept of losing her at such a formidable age with so much ahead of her gutted me and would have haunted me. Still I realize that you can only give your animals the best care. You did soo well and got her the best care, sometimes these thing happen. RIP Cleo, this is soo terrible to go through

@rmbinsb I’m so sorry for your loss. You did everything right. A few years ago, I adopted a sweet boy (he was maybe 3?) from the pound. I only had him for 2 months before he died. I was living in a cabin rental and I didn’t realize there was rat poisoning in the basement. I rushed him to the vet once I realized he ate it, they gave him medicine that he took for 2 weeks, but 2 days after he finished his medicine, he suddenly had a seizure and died in the middle of the night. I was so devastated. It felt like it was all my fault and I as irresponsible. So many of us feel your pain, and we are holding you and sweet Cleo with all the love in the world.

@rmbinsb I feel you. I’m like you in that I’m a psycho about my dogs health and push things that concern me. We got a new 4 month old baby a month ago and literally the day after we got him, I noted bumps on his tongue.

I’ve worked with my vet for a couple years and she knows I will go above and beyond so that means she will as well. Basically bumps on a tongue were a small off shoot of a bigger thing, baby was diagnosed with Kidney Disease after so much testing these past weeks.

My ninja passed away a little over a year ago out of nowhere from 24 hours of constant seizures. No clue what took him from me and it kills me but putting him out of his misery was best for him.

I’m undeniably devastated about both dogs. My new baby won’t be with us long but we at least know it’s coming so I am grateful for that. But this isn’t your fault or my fault. Illness happens and it can be out of fucking nowhere despite being to the vet repeatedly.

Just take knowledge that you got to give the baby as much love as you could while you could. Some people wouldn’t have even brought a dog in to the vet period and that alone makes you an amazing dog parent.

@rmbinsb I am so sorry this happened to you. But I am also glad that this pup got to live her few months with someone so loving. It is not your fault that she died, but it is your virtue that she lived in love. It is so hard when a dog dies because we love our animals so fiercely, but it is a privilege that, no matter the length, we get to be their whole lives, and make their lives for the most part joyful.

@rmbinsb I'm so so sorry. You did everything you could and you did everything right.

I lost my 6 year old dog to undiagnosed pneumonia two years ago. She never showed any signs she was seriously ill. We had just moved into a new house and we were going through record cold temperatures. The only sign anything was wrong at all was that her appetite wasn't great, and that wasn't all that unusual for her. The day she refused to eat her favourite treat is the day I called the vet to make an appointment. I got an appointment for the next day. In the meantime, I decided to maybe go buy her a different food. I got up to get my coat on to go start the car and she followed me. She collapsed and had what I thought was a seizure. She was able to get up on her own and I called the vet back to tell them I was bringing her in. She was able to get in the car on her own and off we went. About 15 minutes later, I felt a thud against the seat of my car but it wasn't safe to stop right then. I pulled over as soon as it was safe, and she had passed away. When I got to the vet clinic, they offered to do a necropsy and I said yes, because I want to know what happened to my relatively young dog. The necropsy showed she had fluid build up around her heart caused by pneumonia.

To this day, I wonder how she could have been that sick and yet not show any signs.

@rmbinsb Sometimes the hardest decision is the best one for them 🤍 she’ll be waiting for you with your other dog on the rainbow bridge my friend

Back