Just put a deposit down on a new wag’n tails

proudwoman4

I just got approved and put a $1,000 deposit down on a new wagntails. I’m wondering what this whole process is like? What happens next? I didn’t sign anything yet or given them my down payment, or even heard about when the van will be done. Grant it - it’s only been a few days but just curious of how this whole process works.

Thanks.

@unshakeablefaith they have a website, i looked few days ago (im trying to decide if i should go mobile or not so i looked at the cost) its expensive. this company is not the only one (thank god)

@besorlah Well I currently have a short school bus that been converted into a mobile. The bus cost me $7k and we put about $3k into it to make it work.

I love being mobile but I know it’s not for everyone. Winter here is def a challenge but it doesn’t bother me.

I definitely would not have done this to start out as mobile and I’m extremely happy I was able to have a DIY starter to get me started.

The payments do look scary but honestly the payment are the same as it would be to rent a salon around here.

@proudwoman4 Have they called you to talk about the features you want on the van? When I did it, we had a long conversation about all the available features. I highly recommend the power inverter. They also talked to me about my previous grooming experience because they help you secure a loan for the van. The loan company wants to make sure you will be able to be successful enough to pay them back so they ask things like current regular clients and stuff. This will also help decide what you will owe as the down payment. The down payment will be paid when you pick up the van, minus the $1000 deposit.

Then you also will have to work with the graphics people. They have a bunch of like clip art and free image stuff you can pick from. I didn’t like any of it and ended up hiring someone to design my logo and art. You have to pick where everything goes on the van (logo, phone numbers, internet sites).

Once that is all done, you wait for the van to be ready! They’ll send you a lot of stuff in the mail, some of which needs to be mailed back immediately. They also sent some “start up” business tips.

When the van has an estimated ready date, they’ll call you and you will set a pick up time, or you can opt for delivery (which is very expensive). You’ll go and pick it up, they’ll walk you through the van and the parts, all the switches. Then it’s yours!

After you will have to deal with getting a license for the car. They mostly do it for you but you might have to pay more depending on your states licensing fees, or you might get a refund.

@jmcd Thanks! I was wondering when they took the down payment. I went over features than they ran my credit. Called me said congratulations this is your monthly payments and we will be in touch later. I wasn’t expecting it to be like CarMax quick and easy. But maybe I guess it is.

Idk if it got the power inverter. I knew I needed the antifreeze system and the extra vent. I think that’s all I got.

@proudwoman4 I just ordered our second van from them about 4 weeks ago. Expected to be done next Friday. Once they received my deposit I got a packet in the mail with a checklist of everything that needed to be decided on and who to contact in each department with questions but they all reached out to me within a week of getting the deposit. You’ll then get all the purchase paperwork from Zeigler that will need to filled out and sent back along with the rest of the deposit. After that it’s just waiting for completion! Mine is being transported to me so I had to coordinate that with wag n tails as well.