How much do you tip your blade sharpener?

are9are9s

I tipped my sharpening lady 20% on a recent order, and she messaged me back about how much it was appreciated. she seemed really floored by the fact i had sent it to her and it left me a little confused.

i’m wondering, do people usually tip their sharpening person? if so, how much? if not, why not?

it’s a service just like dog grooming in my opinion, and i always tip for service. ESPECIALLY for a great service that picks up and delivers like my sharpener does. she’s awesome, she comes to our workplace, picks them up, then a week later drops them off at our work with the invoice and e transfer info. she doesn’t even charge for the gas. super cool lady and i’m so glad we have her.

@are9are9s I usually just do $20. My total is typically around $100-120. They always seem shocked by it too but they're mobile and I'm like you sat in the parking lot of my salon all day why would I not? I've always been someone who tips though even when it's not expected. If you provide any service for me you're getting some extra bc as a groomer I know how important tips are and how much that gratuity can just make someone's day and show how much you appreciate the work they did for you. IMHO if you can't afford a tip you can't afford the service and it genuinely breaks my heart to see people surprised by tips because it just means they're used to not being appreciated.

Back