How I've (new owner) spent $4629 on a Puppy in 4 months. Each purchase (or store run) list + rough breakdown at the bottom

@vido You can include imgur links and insta links if you want, it's just photo posts aren't allowed.

Money well spent that baby is an angel.

@vido Oh my gosh. If I had this down in black and white I would absolutely cry. And scream. And get really mad at my pup because MY biggest expenses so far have been replacing things she's destroyed and baby gates.

And a quick scan of the comments shows comments of an excessive amount on toys? It's subjective and I can think of a lot worse ways to spend MY money.

@vido I'm not sure why so many are being judgemental. I personally spend this amount x6. We have 6 animals, 3 dogs, 3 cats. We get 6 animal boxes every month ...4 dog boxes and 2 cat.... and add the extra toy and double box options for those. Our 3 dogs are quite young, are all large breeds that are rough on toys, so along with our boxes, we also order from Amazon and make routine visits to Petco for additional toys. I don't consider these toy expenses to be excessive at all.

Fortunately, we haven't had any medical expenses other than routine... vaccines, checkups, neuter/spay, etc... so far. But that alone can be pricy for this many animals. All of our animals are on monthly heartworm and flea tick preventitives.... Intercepter plus and Credelio for dogs...Revolution plus for cats.

Our pet food is on Auto ship from Chewy...I find myself adding an extra large bag of dry food and extra cases of wet food every month to my order... as my pups grow and we end up running out to buy more before the next order arrives.

Treats for training and dental treats for daily teeth care. Extra treats, bully sticks, chews, etc.

Crates, bedding, care products, personalized tag, leashes, collars, harnesses.....ha! I can't tell you how many harnesses we have gone through....they are fast growing and they chew them. We have their good "fancy" harnesses for trips to the Vet and outings and we have our rugged everyday harnesses. We have...no joke...spent over $1,000 in harnesses in the past 3 months.

Crazily.....we are probably fixing to get another...a small dog Lol!

Pet ownership is expensive...if your pets are properly cared for. No, not every owner has to spend thousands on their pets to be a good pet parent.....but if you are financially able and want to pamper your pets, I don't know why that should be anyone else's concern.

To the OP....I'm not sure why you posted this? or what you expected the response to be?
I can give you one helpful tip ....I'm not sure if this is everywhere....but our Petco has been offering a discount on pickup orders for the past few months. If you order online and pickup at the store you get either 20% or 25% off your order, it changes weekly. This can be quite a big savings on things like crates :)

@godismyprovider I posted because it was such a surprise! I researched and gave my husband a proposal for getting Pepper with cost breakdown abs it is over 2x what I had proposed 4 months ago!!

@vido Oh...ok..gotcha. Having pets can certainly be more expensive than some ppl realize going in. Lots of love for sure...we also have 5 children....they are even more expensive than the pets! Lol! Of course, having a large family is also a big part of why we have so many animals :)

@marypayne Mine was slightly less but then I paid $500+100 tip to have her flown to me. So $3100 and she was on “sale” for being the unwanted one from her litter (which is crazy because she is the best dog EVER)

@marypayne Spent $4000 on labradoodle Nova. Probably one of my most expensive purchases ever in my life. But we’ll worth it as a emotional support companion. And yes people are paying that much for puppies her litter of 7 was all reserved. Welcome to California

@vido I’m in a major city so every doodle breeder recommended was around the same price for a puppy or had a waitlist a year out. Overall I’m happy with my puppy and thanks for list. So far am just at $500 in additional goodies. The love of my pet is priceless.

@armahda We plan on training her ourselves'! We've done a fair amount of training already, and I don't think for our life that we'll need to go to a trainer, you never know though when going through adolescence! We'll see!!

@vido I don’t even want to do the math. After an emergency vet visit, treating her allergies, and everything else, I would not be surprised if we were pretty close in spending amount. We’ve had our pup 4 months next week.