Has anyone tried Sundays for Dogs dog food?

breannexo

I’m looking for a new food for my girl. She’s 12.5 years old but still loves to play in the yard and run. I want to keep her active and healthy for as long as possible. Any reviews or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 😊🐶

@breannexo I’m pretty sure it’s an MLM brand too, or just extremely marketing based, but it is the brand I see the most advertised and every dog influencer seems to have a PROMO code that’s a no for me already as ads are untruthful but the fact that there are no extensive feeding trials and no full time DACVIM is a no to me too

@sevilodorf The wiki entry is AWESOME. But I am still frustrated about doing all the research. My vet will not recommend a brand. According to the wiki Royal Canin, Hills, Purina, Iams and Eukanuba are the best choices according to vets, but I have been feeding Purina Pro Plan and hear negative stuff about it all the time. I am usually very careful about what sources I trust, but I hear it so much. I wish WSAVA would make recommendations, but I understand why they can't. I am so lost. I've had 4 dogs in my adult life, and I've never really been sure about what I am feeding them. I want to ensure my 9-year-old dog is getting a healthy brand. I hoped to find a less processed brand without making her food myself. Thoughts?

@joelp8 Glad it was helpful!

Who are you hearing negative stuff from? There is currently a coordinated attack from a group of anti science anti vaccine folks - spearheaded by a nut job vet who wants to sell holistic supplements. We have a stickied post on it at the top of the sub when you sort by “hot.”

There IS more negativity than usual, it’s not your imagination. But it’s manufactured and has no basis in fact or science.

Pick one of those diets that meet the highest standards.

There is no need for a less processed food. Processing is one of those fear mongery things that has no basis in reality. Human processed foods are not problematic because they are processed, they are problematic because they are packed with extra sugar fat and salt to make them palatable to us and they aren’t meant to be complete diets. Dog food is not the same.

Read this!:

https://skeptvet.com/Blog/2024/05/t...more-important-than-the-amount-of-processing/

@sevilodorf Thank you! I feed her lots of veggies and chicken, occasionally beef but wanted a good kibble also. I’ve tried some of the high quality dog foods such as Instinct, BB as well as grain free. But she didn’t like any of them other than the meaty bits in the Instinct. She preferred Beneful. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@breannexo Beneful is backed by significantly more science than anything else you’ve listed. Grain free diets and diets that are poorly formulated by brands that don’t invest in expertise are strongly associated with a deadly and hard to diagnose heart disease.

You really have to be careful to keep those extras
Veggies and stuff under 10% of her overall diet or else you’ll unbalance her diet.

@breannexo Hi! I recently started feeding my dog Sundays about a month ago, and he seems to like it. I was feeding him the farmers' dog before and found out that he had an allergy to their chicken, pork, and turkey recipes, so i had him on beef only. He would let it sit for a while before eating, which he still does with Sundays. He's not picky, but he just had that weird eating habit.

@breannexo TLDR: My dogs do not like Sundays and so I had to cancel the subscription. I strongly recommend getting a sample first. More detail: I purchased for my three dogs. Two of them are not picky and one is picky. The picky one ate the beef flavor at first, but didn't love it and would not touch the Turkey. After a couple of days he won't eat turkey or beef. One of the non-picky dogs ate both flavors the first couple of days and then had horrible gas for like 12 hours and threw up. This happened about day 3. The gas was so bad we had to open all our windows. After that, he would no longer touch the food, even if I mixed something he loves with it. The one that isn't picky eats it fine, and didn't experience any gas, but my other two simply won't touch the stuff. I really wanted it to work out and like the idea of less packaging and not having to refrigerate, but it just doesn't suit my dogs taste.

@breannexo We've been using Sundays, but are switching away. We order every two weeks, and the most recent order is more than two weeks delayed (they are evidently experiencing delays, which is not good for... you know... food). We had to switch food and our dog has been extremely sick due to the sudden change. For the price we are paying, it's unacceptable for this company to have absolutely no communication with their customers about delays. They lost a pretty loyal customer this week, it seems.