Happy to report

gingerjeremy

Now my little ball of satan fluff is 2.5 years. Destruction is still there but about 68% my fault when I don't give her the tools she requires like ample outside time, stimulus, etc. She CAN play outside 1/2 the week without my supervision and be just peachy. There is room to run, chickens in the neighbors yard and mine, other stray dogs and cats, etc. I live in an urban environment too.

She still needs daddy time, and play time the other 1/2 of the week and this is reinforcing my belief that she needs a buddy. Even though I play with her daily. These dogs go nonstop.

She still will sleep or chill and do 0 damage if I am gone for 8-10 hours straight. Good girl!

She cuddles as long as I am sleepy in the morning. Daylight hits, and she tries to lick my face awake, but I can go 2 more hours of on and off sleep and she is the BESTEST cuddlydoge.

She is NOW cuddling at night. NEW thing. LOVE it. LOOOOOOOOVE it. Please more.

Still potty problems but I noticed over the last 2 months that the tinkle has stopped and only #2 inside when I neglect. (aka nap or video games- I'm late 40's so it's not ridiculously long when gaming- I'm just a GEN X nerd). Routine solves this. It's been my fault about 90% of the time. She still hate poops, but not that often.

The heel biting is only when she is extremely excited, and OMFG it hurts. That's when negative reinforcement goes a long way.

She is still amazing with strangers, small children, and humans in general. Kudos, Yolandi! She is even great with strange dogs. She escaped (niece's fault) the other day and she encountered a new bully dog that's been terrorizing our trash and street for a few weeks. 0 incident, and she came back after exploring the stray dog's butt and her surroundings for 5 minutes. No FIGHTS! Woohoo!

Moral: Your own ACD can be better- with a shitload of nonstop training. Get a pro- it may shave off a few years of work for ya. I went old fashioned, and did it myself. It's a fulltime job.

Back