Grooming my own dogs…. Spoiler: groomers deserve 1000x what they are paid

@motherhen Sure!
So my current favorite YouTuber that I follow for a lot of grooming tutorials and how to’s is https://youtube.com/@LeadingEdgeDogShowAcademy. There is something about the videos she has and how she breaks it down that makes it really easy for me to follow. She was where I learned about using a spray when you’re doing maintenance brushing to cut down on static.

I have used Mane and Tail detangler, The Stuff, and Ice on Ice. All bought from Amazon tho you could figure out the source website if you’d like.

I dream of getting some higher quality clippers with blade sets one day 🤩

@minnesota1 Thank you! I am. It feels good to make sure they are comfortable and look good. They were so frolicky after their groom, I know getting the hair off must feel good. (It went from 50s where I live straight to mid 80s over a couple days - so it got really hot for them)

@motherhen It's nice to finally have a doodle owner understand how hard we work. I had to work on a doodle who kept trying to bite me and the owner snapped on me for taking too long to complete the groom. I wanted to cry. I just feel so unappreciated sometimes.

@phoenix27 I am so sorry you were treated so horrible. Sounds like doodle learned from owner how to act inappropriately with their mouth. 🤬
You deserve more respect and I’m sending you mine!

I truly love doodles -especially ones that have been ethically bred and trained, but they have high grooming needs and I wish that was imparted on doodle owners to be. (The breeder we adopted our girls from is very clear with her families - but dang, it isn’t very often that the grooming needs are reviewed so clearly from the get go. Our Bernedoodle, the breeder removed from her first family family, due to abuse and we adopted her from the breeder, so she was a mess when she got her back, and had to be completely shaved down.)

@%E2%98%A6marius%E2%98%A6 What is ethical breeding? Of any breed or dog? Only the best health specimens, temperament, behavior, and no trauma to the pups. Genetics, training, and only using stable animals without health issues as breeding stock, only breeding a couple litters per female and waiting until the dog is 2 before first breeding.

Never caging the dogs that are being bred - keeping them in stable family homes.

That’s what I’m talking about.

@motherhen Also…groomers lung,destroyed backs and joints..bites,scratches,bad scars that ppl suspiciously stare at lol.
It’s a great time 🤣
I appreciate your post so much. You did a great job grooming them 🙂

@clare100 Oh I forgot about bites!!! And scratches!!! I’m glad I don’t face that in my grooming.
And yea - I’ll stick to my guns, groomers deserve way more respect and financial compensation!!

Ok- I have to ask - what’s groomers lung?!?

@motherhen link
I figured it was easier to just send a link explaining groomers lung lol
I probably have it after 23yrs. 😆
I almost died from a dog bite in January 2020. It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced. I had to keep myself alive with horse poultice to manage the infection while I waited 3 weeks for my dr to come back from vacation because the five visits to the ER were useless. The doctors just sent me home to die because they apparently couldn’t see the severity of it even though it was glaringly obvious.
Dog bites are like Russian roulette.