Got my dog (f2y/o) got spayed 2 months ago and incision area is painful

abbysweet

I woke up this morning and started to love my Dogs as I do every day but my one puppy (Popcorn) was super energetic but was hurting and whining trying to be excited. Her stomach especially the incision area is just in pain and trying to pick her up hurts and her barking makes her whine. No bump or redness she’s eating and drinking water giving tons of kisses and loves but she’s in pain. Like I’m writing this and she’s attacking me with love but wincing. Sorry if it doesn’t make any sense I can also answer any questions to help.

Edit/update: took her to the vet and long story short and $300 at the emergency vet later to hear she was constipated and needed stool softeners and they gave us Naturvet stool ease with pumpkin and she had the most relieving release you can imagine. And she’s back to running around as her normal self.

Thank you all for your advice love y’all and popcorn loves y’all too.

@abbysweet Dogs are fantastic at masking pain, so when they show it, it’s probably hurting them pretty badly. Were it me? I’d minimally be calling my vet to get their take, and to squeeze her in this week.

@emmarabiu I did exactly this an hour after because of you guys and it was thankfully it was constipation. Seriously had me worried but she’s getting all the treats and loves right now. Thank you.
Edit was a grammar error

@emmarabiu Thank you so much again I definitely would’ve waited till the appointment date and had her in discomfort that whole time if it weren’t for you and the others urgent message. Merry Christmas and happy holidays