German shepherd and toddlers

@tirzah85 This was my fear. We haven’t had her very long and I was hoping it was just new home jitters but I don’t want to put my kids at risk, especially if this isn’t something we can correct quickly.

@brittneynt14 Sorry, realise you don't want to give up on the dog. But that is really scary behaviour. I have kids myself and know it's extremely difficult to watch toddlers all the time, and pets.

Maybe start by talking to the place you got the dog from.

@tirzah85 As a parent the final decision needs to be what OP feels is best for the children. However, I think the dog is recognizing the toddlers as the ones needing herding and life lessons.

@brittneynt14 I can see this is an unpopular opinion but whatever…

Get rid of the dog. Good fucking grief…she’s not your family. I can’t believe I have to say this: she’s a DOG. Your children are your family.Your cat is your pet that you already have made a commitment to. Get a dog that is good with your kids and meshes with your cat. I have a very mouthy GSD, I know what the breed is like, but he has never hurt or left a mark on my children. It’s your job to protect your children. Get your priorities straight.

Back