[Fluff] Somehow ended up with the most considerate dog ever

@hopeiseverywhere Our last dog would go to bed at 10 p.m. on the dot. If I didn't follow her up (she slept in her own bed in our room), she'd come to the top of the stairs and glare down at me, like, "You have to get up early, you need to go to bed." I thought it was such a funny quirk but wasn't sure if our new pup would be so "responsible." New pup is now 2 years old and she also has a bed time. Doesn't matter what we're doing, she goes to bed at the same time. She doesn't come get me like our last dog but I wonder if that will come in time. Even before we stopped doing the crate thing (she doesn't need it anymore), she would get in the crate and glare at me til I closed it (It had to be closed, according to her). Her first NYE I tried to get her to stay up late with us, but nope. At like 10/11 she was in her crate snoozing and that was that. I was like, "Come back out and sit by us" and she just stared at me til I closed it.

@hopeiseverywhere Lmao one time i took my pup to my cousins house, and shes usually ready for bed around nine. It was like 10:30 and she just started softly growling and whining at me bc she was tired. Freakin adorable

@democretus This is EXACTLY what happened with my uncle and his poodle! My aunt was DYING to get a dog for the longest time, and he was full on "kids are gone, house is empty, I do NOT want a dog in this house" which turned into "fine, get a dog, but I'm not dealing with it, at all, your problem" the ENTIRE dad meme about dogs. When he found out she wanted a POODLE, oh. my. lord. My uncle is not a macho man, but he HAD to take a jab at "I am not walking a POODLE are you KIDDING ME"

Now? That's his dog. She's the best dog he's ever had. He floats with her in the water on a little raft he got for her and him. He beams about her constantly.

My aunt got so frustrated she had to get another poodle that was actually HERS since she lost that one to my uncle.

@democretus My dog does this too! I didn’t teach him, but he’s very respectful of my sleep schedule. If I sleep in on the weekends, he lays there patiently. He might jump off the bed and go look out the window, but he’s very quiet. He also chooses a different toy to bring to bed every night.. it’s adorable. But he doesn’t start chewing on his toy or playing with it until he knows I’m up, but just laying there on my phone. Considerate dogs are the best.

@palm23 Happy cake day!! We are a little like that, too, which is funny since my husband was the one pushing for her. She loves him profoundly, but she typically tunes in and respects my cues more than she does for him.