Dog is being picky w food

bomber911

I have a 5 yr old schnauzer shih tzu mix. I give him Royal Canin and chicken breast. Last 6 months, he devours it but lately he has been trying to knock his bowl over and eventually eat. He would do this once in awhile before but now mor often. Any tips? He is still playful and drinks normal.

Also, lately if it gets cold his right hind leg get stiff and he limps for a bit til he warms up. Any advice would be great. He is taking Duraclectin tablets. I been sneaking it in w deli meats as it's only way to to get him to eat meds. He won't eat peanut butter or those pill pockets types of treats.

@bomber911 Are you sure he's being picky, as in doesn't like the food? Or could it be he doesn't like the bowl?

If he simply doesn't like the food, there are toppers you can add. Bone broth is great for picky dogs and isn't too expensive. Sometimes just soaking the kibble in warm water works too.

As for the pills, I usually just use American cheese slices. Probably not the healthiest choice, but my dog likes it and despite him having a sensitive stomach, it doesn't seem to bother him.

@hogynllan He was eating like a mad man then once in awhile he acts like he wants to hide food or knock it over. Why would he stop liking his bowl? I try some broth before. i will try cheese next..