Do you purchase your dog’s food from Chewy or your local Petco/Petsmart?

donnyb

I used to solely use Chewy for our Purina Pro Plan purchases. I know that food can be stored improperly anywhere - but I wondered if either of these have a better track record than the other. I’m curious, where do you purchase your dog’s food?

Edit: Thank you everyone for the insight! This is why I love this community. And hearing some of your stories about Chewy’s customer service makes me want you to be a customer for life!

@donnyb I only use Chewy. After I lost my pet in Sept of 22 I called them and talked to a person after 2 rings. Then, they gave me a full refund for his food without making me return it (they told me to donate it to a shelter). 2 days later I received an incredible bouquet of flowers with the sweetest card.

They get all my business now.

@jesuslovesme1973 Chewy is great! Whenever I need help they're always so patient, esp bc i tend to stutter or clam up in phone convos. They also sent my new dog some gifts and a card for myself. I only ever heard good things about them they god to experience it for myself.

@jesuslovesme1973 I’ve heard this story so many times. And everyone I’ve talked to at Chewy is amazing. Plus, I don’t have to haul all of that heavy stuff far- two dogs eat a lot! I’ll never use anyone else.

@donnyb I like Chewy a lot they have great customer service. I would often grab two bags of food when they had their spend $100 get $30 gift card deal because I was gonna buy the food anyway. There auto delivery is a great option if that works for you as well.

@zpupster My vet refuses to allow me to purchase flea, tick & heartworms meds from Chewy - they won't send over the prescription because they said that they've verified with the manufacturer that they don't sell directly to Chewy so they can't determine where Chewy is getting the meds from. But as for the retail said I've never had any problems.

@cheeekdaniel My only problem with Chewy (customer since their inception) is their crazy packaging. I’ve had boxes exploding, litter loose all over my porch, cans smashed, liquids spilled, etc. They won’t separate autoship orders either unless you have separate autoship orders so some of my boxes have weighed like 70lbs which is insane.

@donnyb We buy at Pet Supplies Plus. It's super close by and because a family member works there we get a pretty good discount. I've personally never had an issue with anything purchased there.