D.T.Systems, Dogtra, E-collar, asking for opinions

kouchris

I’m currently living abroad and finding e-collars let alone in Poland is quite the hassle. That said I currently find myself in the market for an e-collar for my German Wirehaired Pointer (1 year of age). I’m currently trying to narrow down the selection and found that D.T. Systems R.A.P.T. 1450, Dogtra ARC, and E-collar’s Educator ET-400 match what I’m looking for. I really like the features on D.T.’s but appreciate the Dogtra’s ergonomic design in terms of fitting to my dogs neck comfortably. I also appreciate the remote of the Educator as it looks fairly comfortable for me as a trainer to use and be it as I will be using this often for off-leash training I want something that is both comfortable for my dog and myself. I would love to hear other peoples opinions on these.

@fl269fl269
Educator Pro

It's a little pricey for here, I assume you're referring to the "E-Collar Pro Educator PE-900". If it was a perfect 1:1 exchange it would be about 1150 zloty here but unfortunately the import tax on these products price it around 2100 zloty, so nearly double :L

I originate from the U.S. so for me it's hurt my heart haha so I'm looking for something a little cheaper if possible.

@kouchris My experience with a D.T. Systems collar is really out of date (bought it around 2003, I think), but it proved itself to be extremely reliable, waterproof and the battery lasted a decade.

@moored I'm going on the assumption that you've had the beeper function as well, for us this was a interesting feature but realistically we're not too sure how much we'd use it or even what we'd use it for. Do you think that this added feature is useful for you personally or is it just nice to have but not used often?

Back