Appropriate conduct in this sub

wamiti

I, as well as others, have noticed a trend for posts on this sub to devolve into arguments with inappropriate and abusive language.

I do not believe that when @pyonghwabear created this sub they wanted people to speak to each other in this manner. I am not going to be going back through posts and warning people. This post shall serve as EVERYONE'S first, and final warning.

From here on out, please speak to each other respectfully. No more profanity or abusive language. This means don't be going around calling people "idiots" or "morons". We all know what profanity is, don't use it. This includes s***, f***, or any other asterisk usage to hide the words.

THIS IS AN EDUCATION SUB FIRST AND FOREMOST. WE ARE NOT HERE TO ENABLE OR CODDLE YOU.

This means that replies to your post may SEEM brisk or rude, but from what I have seen going back through months of posts is that once someone comments with factual, evidence based, and objective advice the OP or someone else will jump in and call that commenter "rude" or whatever else because they feel attacked.

Telling someone that their plan to breed their x breed with y breed isn't a good idea isn't rude, its factual. If you have a legit reason for that cross, INCLUDE IT IN YOUR OP. Legitimate reasons can be as simple as I have had both breeds and I feel that I can create/want a workable cross. People WILL question you. Defend yourself RESPECTFULLY.

Crossbreeding is not a sign of a BYB. Poor planning, poor care, and a focus on the money making potential makes a BYB.

In addition, I have seen a few redditors "baiting" this sub. That IS rude and abusive and will not be tolerated.

Mearhwine

Back