Adolescence can go f*** itself!

disappointment

Man does this suck! I just came back from a walk with my almost 8 months old labrador and I'm about to lose it. He was pulling, picking up everything, wanted to jump into a tractor that passed us, almost knocked me over twice and didn't listen to one word I said. No attention whatsoever on me. I mean I love him, but he's such an ass sometimes.

Someone tell me this is going to end at one time...or at least get easier down the road.

@disappointment I was literally just thinking about how much I love my now 2 year old pup and how I definitely didn't feel this way a year ago 😂 trust me it gets better and you will be so proud of him as he matures

@aculturewarrior Yeah mine has great recall. Still don't trust her fully but she was able to disengage from attempting to play with another dog through a fence like 200ft away (partner was holding her leash and getting dragged around).

Pulling is 50-50. She still has a fast default pace and sometimes she just wants to GO THERE but while there is tension I don't feel any arm strain after a 2 hour walk so it's fine. When she's tired she'll happily assume a heeling position.

@mariposa2154 Mine does that when she goes potty . Like she will go a little and will just sit there and smell everything. Baby girl it's the SAME SPOT every day. Then I finally get her to walk with me back inside and she yanks and pulls back to the spot like she has to go again only to smell

Back