6month old doodle got into my weed gummies vet bill 3500-4500

jjmaleyscw

Basically, I should have been keeping my gummies in a higher cabinet. Little guy ended up eating somewhere between 35-70mg of thc gummies. He’s at the emergency vet now being looked after sounds like he’s going to be fine and I’ll be keeping my edibles in the fridge from now on.

The bill they gave me though is huge. I know it’s an emergency vet so I expected somewhere in the 1-2000 range but 3500 seems really high to me? Did I choose a really expensive place or is this average?

I’m in Portland , OR by the way

Edit: Cost breakdown

Toxin Treatment

Consultation, Emergency

Idexx Chemistry 17+Lytes+CBC in clinic

Vomit Induction

Apomorphine Inj 3mg/ml (per mil)

Toxiban Administration, Initial

Toxiban Oral Susp. W/sorbitol (per mil)

Toxiban Administration, repeat

Catheter, IV

Maropitant (cerebra) 10mg/ml Ink(perm) B’

Hospitalization - Level 4 - Up to 12 hrs

Nursing Level 4 - Up to 12 hrs

Overnight Doctor Care

Blood Pressure - up to 12 hrs

Fluid therapy, IV Up to 12 hrs (SetPumBa)

Miscellaneous

Consultation, Critical Care Emergency

Intralipids 20% 250ml Bag

EDIT UPDATE #2
My dog responded very well and they had me come get him! Bill dropped down to $2500 🙌🏻🙌🏻

@jjmaleyscw Was the puppy hospitalized? That will definitely add up. Shifts are charged every eight to twelve hours. So a hospitalized patient will accrue charges every eight hours potentially.

ETA: sorry did not see the breakdown the first time. Was this a Blue Pearl hospital?

@7caldwell My brother and I constantly make jokes in nondescript Euro/Nordic faux accents to keep ourselves from crying in American. Ya free helscare and hroads dat are paved hahaha flimsy American girlyman failing economy

@jjmaleyscw Hope your little guy’s doing better! Don’t beat yourself up too much (although quite the expensive lesson learned!). Mine (most likely) snuffled up a roach when he was 4 months old (though we’ll never know for sure). He (thankfully?) vomited on his own and our e-vet bill was around $800 for some sub q fluids, anti-nausea drugs, and blood work (also HCOL area). No overnight or IVs or heavy duty drugs or anything.