“It’s cruel to walk your dog in [this -20°C windchill]!”

@ashlynlp Haha, I went and bought some new cold-weather clothes to make sure I’d be okay! I don’t get the option to just stay in the house now, so I discovered the stuff I had was only really good for quick trips between the car and wherever I’m going, in these temperatures.

@eront Not OP, but owner of chronically cold toes. I was given some UGGs last winter. OMG. the only thing I've ever met that actually keeps my feet warm, and I've gone through various warm, water proof, weather proof boots.

They look stupid and are clunky, but they're warm.

@diego87 Aussie here: they are permanently on my feet in the colder part of winter (even though it never really goes below 5c in my State). Around the house all day, you betcha. Have to ride my bike to the store? Yeah I'll wear them out too lol

@diego87 Definitely “trendy” here too but I love mine ❤️. Same pair for 4 years and they just started showing the wear and leaking a little this winter. I never wanted a pair because of the trendiness but my mother frankly forced them on me.

@papajoefreeman Puppygirl, a Great Pyr, loves nothing more than sunbathing on a brutally cold day. No amount of begging will bring her inside until she is good and ready. Her brother Puppyboy, also a Pyr, prefers to go in and out on cold days. On hot summer days, they prefer a quick potty break and then back inside for the ac.

@grindingla Yeah, I’m looking into getting a pet flap add-on thing I saw for the sliding door so mine can go in and out as he pleases (while I or my husband are home) and I don’t need to keep opening and closing the entire door. Heating gets expensive!

@papajoefreeman They have a mesh door way cover that u can use, it goes on a doorframe and meets in the middle with magnets so that way it basically opens and closes on its own u would just have to get the dog to understand they can walk through it.