When to the local Pet Supplies Plus this morning and…

knr80

As I’m walking in, there’s seven people standing by “the manager’s room” yelling and arguing with the manager and cashier.

They all exclaim “I QUIT!”, and march out the door.

I’m in disbelief, and so freaking proud of my fellow pet stylists/groomers, but I still needed cat food.

Once I get up to the register, the woman cashing me out mutters “I can’t f’in believe it”, and I respond with “I’m sorry?”.

She proceeds to tell me that ALL SEVEN of their groomers just quit, she has no idea what they’re going to do now.

“We can’t seem to keep any groomers, and this is the third time THIS YEAR that we are back to not having a SINGLE one!”

Idk you gurls, but I’ve seen some of your work and freaking KUDOS for knowing your worth and standing up for not only yourselves, but each other as well as a collective force!​

Know 👏 your 👏 worth! And don’t let corporate keep taking advantage of your amazing talent. I want to wish you all the best and I have my 🤞 for you!

@jay2242 That’s exactly what I was thinking, and for it to happen three times just this year, with yesterday being the start of the 8th month…

Blew my mind for sure, and I was both happy but so sad to witness it. They weren’t even being outlandish or anything.

It was like the manager going “no you can’t leave” and them all going “try and stop us! We quit!”… “oh no… you can’t quit”, “well we just did! Byeeeee”.

@knr80 Corporate is treating their groomers worse and worse.

I just quit being the salon manager at a PetSmart, and the store manager's first move taking over the salon until they get a new manager was to force the only groomer left in there to do 8 dogs a day (she's only been grooming for maybe 6 months) and force the bathers to all do 10 dogs a day, who have all been there less than 3 months besides one.

She told the groomer she'll give her a bather to help with the 8 dogs a day, but that's still fucking stressful because I know she's only going to schedule her and that bather, so they are still the only ones who are there to answer the never ending phone calls and do walk-ins. Plus I imagine she will still make the bather have their own bath appointments too.

I'm pretty sure she's doing it as a way to try to make the groomer make more money at PetSmart vs if she left and joined me at my shop I'm opening. Which, if she does join me, I'll pay her 60% commission and she won't have a mandatory minimum number of dogs to do :).

The Blain's Fleet and Farm here has a grooming salon and they recently had all but one groomer quit. Not sure exactly why, but I know they also have generic corporate bullshit. Corporate groomers are severely underpaid, expected to do way more dogs than the industry norm, and the average corporate groomer customer isn't really a "dog person", so they often have little to no knowledge on how grooming works and in return are very argumentative and have unrealistic expectations.

Back