What qualities do you look for in a dog?

academicg

I’m a 12th grade AP Research student currently conducting research on the topic of dog adoption (I don’t want to give too many specifics as to alleviate bias or desired response effects) I would greatly appreciate if you could take a minute or two to fill out my survey!! Whether you adopted your dog from a shelter, breeder, pet store, or you don’t have a dog all responses are anonymous and appreciated!! Here is my survey link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdAaPI2zN2kJjwaJC0P0y7FFRk0V2NbIiuchIV2JNm0ScApeg/viewform

@academicg The word "adopt" insinuates you are going to a shelter or rescue. When you get a dog from a breeder, you are buying. The standards I'd hold for a breeder vs getting a shelter dog are incredibly different.

@mygisfy Yeah, it was hard to answer some questions. Breed temperament matters a lot less for a poorly bred rescue dog than a well bred dog. For an extreme example, I would consider adopting a husky from a shelter if it was clear that individual was low energy, but I would never get a well bred husky.

Same with a long lineage. It matters not at all for a rescue dog, but I would never buy from a breeder who didn't have it.

As someone who hopes to buy and adopt, it was hard to answer well.

Back