What brand dog food do you use?

@izakb Purina one. vet recommended hill science and purina one. My boy had constipation on nutro, inconsistencies on hill science and is perfect on purina one. each dog is different but hes going to be on purina forever

@gallon6341 Seconded Purina One or their higher end product, Purina Pro Plan. Not any of their lower grade stuff. I’ve raised all my pets on that. The last round of pets I had, two 19 year old cats I’d raised from kittens and a 17 year old dog.

@izakb Purina Pro Plan. We’ve done Hills too, but she’s a picky little monster and Purina Pro has a lot more options to switch to when she decides to go on a hunger strike. She was also fine on Purina One.

She also gets some Just Food For Dogs mixed in (again, because she’s picky and will ignore plain kibble for a day or two before giving in and that stresses me out since she’s still growing). She gets the chicken and rice one because it’s approved for dogs under 1, but my husband accidentally bought the turkey and macaroni one and she was IN LOVE with it, so she’ll get that again once she turns one. The fish one is also approved for puppies but I can’t deal with the smell of it.

We started her on Acana Wholesome Grains Red Meat for puppies, but it gave her the runs randomly and my vet said it wasn’t worth its price anyway.

The only brand my vet specifically recommended against was Blue Buffalo. I’ve always done grain-inclusive because of DCM, and also because my dog thinks rice is gourmet.

@izakb Terrible poops on Diamond dog food and Purina One. Orijen Amazing Grains is working the best for us, poop wise. He did ok on Royal Canin Hydrolized Protein as a food allergy trial, but it’s slightly more expensive and it appears it didn’t help for allergies. We haven’t had any outright issues with Orijen, but we haven’t done any blood panels to know if anything weird is going on. :/