What’s with people on this sub wanting their non ACDs to be ACDs??

dn08

Probably been asked before but I see a lot of people post here “got a DNA test, is he/she now part of the ACD family??” And they got like 10-15% ACD and 70% Golden retriever or some shit LMAO, why? Your dog is literally a fkn golden retriever 💀 I get the idea…ACDs are awesome dogs but just love your dog for what it is and not what you wished it would be 😂

UPDATE: lots of people sooking over gatekeeping etc and that I’m not a “regular” here. I have an ACD but Barely make any comments here because I mostly don’t care. Just thought I’d ask 😂

Few facts;
I 100% don’t care if you’re crying about “gatekeeping”, (I’m not gatekeeping either smh)
I 100% love ACDS,
I 100% love mixed breeds,
I 100% will laugh if you comment some sulky shit,
Thankyou.

@dn08 I got two reasons I believe this to be true. And I have an ACD who is not 100% ACD. More than 50%, but still...
  1. ACDs are cool as shit.
  2. ACD traits are super strong and can often overpower traits of the other breeds a dog is mixed with.

@1950 Right. I have a 30% ACD 35% pittie and she’s a big raptor shrimp dingo dingus. My 15% ACD/30% chihuahua looks like a little dingo and is just a beautiful peaceful little shrimpin man who occasionally loves to raptor.

Both have a lot of supermutt in their dna profiles. Both have so much ACD that comes through.

@cassidy Same, mine is only 10% genetically ACD (20%Chi and 70% seven other breeds) but she’s blue merle from head to toe and 100% herder. She’s not the first ACD I’ve owned (not sure of the percentage of my previous girl, but I think it was higher) and I recognize all the key heeler traits, from the ankle nipping velociraptor, to the referee land shark, and everything neurotic energetic intelligent and focused in between. When you know, you know 🤷🏼.

Also OP, keep in mind that gene percentage ≠ gene expression. We all have that family member who looks and acts exactly like one of their parents, aunts, uncles, or grandparents, even though they may only share 50% or less DNA with them.

Edited for maths

Back