We did! Hallelujah! We SLEPT through the night!

firoz

13 w/o puppy I woke up to her asking to be let out of her crate to pee and it was 7 HOURS later! I slept for 7 straight hours and so did she (or least was very quiet the whole time). I could cook her a steak for breakfast I’m so happy with her.

@belarius Omg!! My pup is the exact same!!! She’ll wake up around 2/2:30 and 5/5:30! I am luckily an early riser so it doesn’t bother me much being up early. I’ll put her down around 11ish usually.

@heart4him4ever We’re struggling with crate training at the moment, he likes to sleep with his belly on the wooden floor as it’s cool and there’s a heat wave here at the minute. No matter what I do I can’t get him to stay in his crate and don’t want to just let him burn himself out/panic in there until he sleeps.

I work from home so pretty dedicated to sleeping on the sofa right now with him under me lol. What’s her name and breed? 😊

@belarius Ahh sorry to hear about crate training. You’re definitely not alone. The panic episodes are so difficult.

We also had a heat wave and have been keeping things cool for the puppy. Wiping her down with a wet towel after being outside in the heat for a while.

I woke from home 4/5 days and have her sleeping in a crate next to my bed!! Her name is Chai Latte and she’s a mini longhair dachshund! If you peep my profile, you can see many pics lol

What about your buddy!?

@belarius You can get gel mats that freeze for dogs. My puppy is intolerant to heat, so I put one under her bed, or just on the floor and she sleeps like the dead on it lmao. We have AC, she just loves the cold lol.

I’d probably put it directly under the plastic of the crate bottom so he couldn’t chew it, but it would cool down the plastic like a wood or tile floor

@tropicalbaby That’s a great idea we have a cooling mat but yeah he attempts to chew it unfortunately. Also in the UK our houses are basically ovens with no AC so it’s awfully hot everywhere at the moment.

@belarius Under the plastic should help :)) Won’t he super cold, but at least it will be cooler. You can also throw some of his stuffed toys/blanket/whatever you have in there normally in the freezer and take them out to put in the crate at night. It will feel cool for a while at least.

And yeah, one of my friends lives there and Omg. I feel for you guys.

@tropicalbaby Interestingly though the crate we got has a metal bottom, which I think may be also part of the reason he's not a fan. When he steps in it, it rattles around. Also we have a sort of soft mattress in there, for him to feel the cold he'd need nothing in there ? It's really a minefield having a puppy, I don't know if I'm doing wrong by him but I'm honestly trying my hardest.

@firoz Yae! I feel so alone in this puppy training world. It is so nice to feel like I can celebrate with someone who is going through the same thing, even if it is a random reddit stranger.

@firoz At 13 weeks it seemed that my pup started more consistently sleeping through the night! Hope this is the beginning of that for you too!