Vet pushing to spay soon

@christian_testimonies We did register her. Her name is MILLERS LUCKY PENNY. (I can't believe a name like that hasn't been taken before, but I thought it was cute!)

Thanks for the thoughts on the competitions. We just started Level One Obedience yesterday (she's only 4 months, but the puppy kindergarden instructurs recommended she move up to Level One instead of the intermediate "Manners" class, even though the 'floor' for level one is 6 months old). After a rough start due to the new experiences, she got the hang of it and did awesomely :)

The training club we go to has Rally/Agility classes, but we still have 8 freaking months before we can sign up for those classes - the minimum age is a year due to bone growth, etc. I understand why, but it's a shame because she loved when they brought out the agility equipment for the last 15 minutes of every puppy class!

Sorry, this devolved into a proud momma bitch/brag, but in short, I'm excited that I have an awesome dog who listens well and understands what I ask of her. The competitions sound a little stressful but also like lots of fun, and a great way to bond with her. :)

@baileyf14 That is a wicked cute registered name! My girl is Bel Canto's I'm a Believer- she's named after the Smash Mouth song :p

You can also look into entering rally and obedience fun matches- those aren't worth anything in terms of titles, but it will give her a chance to learn ring manners and work in a ring setting.

As for agility, teach the foundations- walking on both sides, front crosses, tugging/fun, and an introduction to the different surfaces :)

She sounds like an awesome pooch! That's what I love about having a show dog is there's so much you can do with them!

@christian_testimonies Side note, I was just reading the premium for an upcoming AKC show here (they have a Beginner Puppy event for 4-6 mo that I'm trying to attend, but it's during the work day). Buried way at the end of the packet, they said that they do offer refunds for bitches that come into heat as long as the request is postmarked before the opening hour of the show.

@cursedbeast OP does seem to be considering it though, mentioning that her offspring could be AKC registered. These are all good questions for OP to ask him/herself.

@ngng Exactly. That's primarily why I asked the question. I have three options that I see: early spay, late spay, or to leave her intact. I'm trying to see all sides before I make any decisions.

Just because we can have her offspring AKC registered doesn't mean we definitely plan to have a litter - but when I was purchasing my puppy I didn't want to close the door if I thought about it later and did research and decided we did want to breed her.