Trying to determine what size crate to get

rozar

Hello,

My puppy is currently using my roommates crate, but I would like to get one of my own that is hopefully smaller. I got him DNA tested and he is 50 % American Foxhound, 47% APBT, and 3% Weimaraner. His predicted adult weight is 71 lbs according to Embark. American Foxhounds are typically 21-25 inches tall to the shoulder, with pits being shorter. The crate he is in currently is 48"L x 32" H, and was bought for my roommates (very tall) German Shepherd.

American Foxhounds aren't listed anywhere for which breeds are recommended for different crate sizes. Any help trying to figure out one that will work for him once he's grown?

@rozar Sounds like the one you have should be fine. If anything it might be a little big, but by the time he needs the full divider removed, a little extra space shouldn't make too much of a difference. 71lbs is also pretty close to standard GSD sizes so you should be good with that one, I wouldn't go too much smaller, but the size one below that is probably also okay.