To my bathers, how long does it take for u to wash a dog?

emmliy

There’ve been a couple times where my coworker was shocked i was done. Washing a dog seems fairly simple to me? I wash them twice, clean their face, smell check, then to the table to be blow dried. The dogs smell good and nobody is complaining. My coworker who is shocked has been one for 7 years in comparison to my 3 months.

@emmliy I've learned time has literally nothing to do with quality. I had a bather in the salon I worked at who took probably 30-45 minutes for the bath alone on every single dog, and yet they still came out dirty because all she did that entire time was massage their backs and talk to them. One day when I asked her if she washed the chest/legs/feet she said "the shampoo runs down the dog" lmao.

I will say she moved and transferred stores and she is trying really hard to learn and does seem to really want to be a groomer.

@thegiant Please go to the petsmart I worked at for about two weeks and tell them this lol. I washed a dog there and my salon lead told me I was working too fast. :| Dog was perfectly clean and washed well. I was just too fast.

@emmliy For just the bath or also drying? Small dogs probably about 30 mins for everything 10/15 in the bath, bigger short hair and small long hair is say 45, 20 mins in the bath. Big hairy ones take me much longer tho probs 30 mins for bath then 45ish to dry properly. Had a huge Newfie recently that took me 2 hours all together.

@emmliy I had the same thing come up! Someone mentioned it shouldve taken longer than 45 mins to do a lab bath which shocked me since I did everything I needed. Could be the person talking to you it slower, or always juggling more than one dog at a time.

@emmliy Depends on the size, coat type, thickness, and soil level. Smaller dogs 15/20 minutes, big fuzzys closer to 45. We do a lot of dogs that are only deshed baths so we have to do a good job because they bring in a lot of money.

Back