Registration open for August term of FDSA Online Training Classes

Fenzi Dog Sports Academy is an online dog training platform which features all sorts of classes on various sports and and behaviors. They have courses in nosework, rally, agility and obedience to more conceptual things like engagement and focus, to behavior courses on reactivity, sound sensitivity, etc. Every session is different in terms of what they offer. Registration for the term starting August 1 is currently open and you can peruse the class options here.

There's a ton worth looking at overall, but some classes that may be worth looking in to for reactivity/behavior training reasons are:

BH110: Dealing with the Bogeyman - Helping Fearful Reactive and Stressed Dogs. "Dr. Amy Cook will address the issue of fearful and reactive dogs, both in and out of competition. Rather than teaching you the behaviors that are required for success in the ring of any specific sport, this class will teach you how to make your dog comfortable, confident, and focused in a novel and challenging environments, which then can support your in-ring performances. Come learn about The Play Way!"

BH430: Success With Sensitive Dogs. "Join me in this class as I share my five-pronged approach to working with Sensitive Dogs. Specifically, in our time together, we will be exploring:
  • Arousal and the Sensitive Dog
  • How we may have contributed to our dog's sensitivity, and what to do about it.
  • The role of Poisoned Cues, identifying, and curing them
  • How to play with your Sensitive Dog
  • Consent and control for confidence
  • Management strategies for those times when training isn’t possible"
FE515: Hound About Town - Lifestyle Skills and Manners Training. "Learn the skills and manners that will help to prepare you and your dog for your worldly adventures. These skills will also prepare you to be able to take the Canine Good Neighbour (CGN), Canine Good Citizen (CGC) or Urban Dog (CGCU) Certification tests. Today's dog leads a much busier life. They live in condo's and houses, need to travel on public transit, walk the crowded city streets, attend all kinds of events and even hang out at the coffee shop. Oh, and did we forget - just learn to chill at home. Let's give your dog the skills he can use for everyday living, whether in your home or out 'n about town with you." (I don't think this class is meant for dogs that have more serious reactivity, but if you have a mildy reactive or moderately reactive dog and just wanted to work on some general manners this may be a good option?)

FE205: Focus Games. "This course will help you develop basic focus and a great working relationship using a variety of games that both you and your canine partner will enjoy playing together. The games will fall into one of three categories: increasing enthusiasm to work, improving impulse control, and decreasing reactions to distractions. Then, we'll begin combining the games so that your dog is truly focused!"

Back