Question about development of ACD puppy.

acaudpdrkkl2015

I got my ACD from a non-breeder who said they had an accidental litter with their 2 Heelers, 1 red 1 blue. When I went to go pick up the puppies there were 2 white and 5 red. She said that was normal because the red coats develop faster then the blue. The puppy I got was said to be 8 weeks, but is still white. There are spots of red and black and maybe some small blue but nothing near most of the dogs I see on here. This, as well as her snout seems to be a little more rounded, concerns me. I'm just hoping she's not a pit bull.

Here are some pictures:

Thanks.

@acaudpdrkkl2015 Yeah I dont know... if that dog is 8wks old I would think there would be some ticking showing on the body. I don't know if that dog will get any more color than it has now. It looks like a Jack Russel cross.

In case you didn't know, it is possible for a litter to have two different fathers, so the two white ones could have been sired by a different dog than the 5 red ones.

Edit:
I just looked back at the puppy photos from my blue dog and my mom's red dog. Both dogs you can see the ticking starting to show around two weeks old (maybe earlier, I'm just looking through photos that are labeled by the week).

Your dog is adorable though, and I hope you love her the same no matter what!

@acaudpdrkkl2015 definitely PART heeler, but not purebred. 8 weeks should show heavy ticking. My only worry is that since it's mostly white I would take it to the vet and have them look at its eyes and do some hearing tests...

I don't think part pitbull. I think maybe something else. OrangeCrushinator has a good point with Jack Russel maybe.

@acaudpdrkkl2015 Although I don't have a lot of experience with heeler puppies, having only raised one myself, I would add that you might just have a heeler with more white than red or blue in their coats. Here's an example of my Feste Waffles at 6.5 weeks and 1 year old. Most of his speckles were there at 6 weeks and got a little darker as he grew, but he's still predominantly white.

@acaudpdrkkl2015 I scrolled waaay back in my phone's gallery to find the baby pictures of my blue and she colored up (not fully, but significantly) by 5 weeks. Though I have to say that puppy does not look 8 weeks to me, she probably isn't going to get much more color at this point. A couple people have mentioned jack russel/ACD and that seems like the most likely combo by the looks of her. I have a friend with a little cattle jack who's absolutely lovely, but she is deaf, has something to do with the white coloring, get her eyes and ears checked!

@acaudpdrkkl2015 Your pup looks like a heeler pup. The nose will grow and the color will change a few times. Our red (got her from breeder at 7 weeks) went through various shades of white and red before settling on her current white-red combo. And her nose grew out significantly from her puppy days.

@acaudpdrkkl2015 Our full blue, Joy, had all of her coloring/markings when we adopted her at 8 weeks but her sister was still full white with a couple of spots. We also thought at that time we could see some pit in her face but as she got older she totally grew into her heeler features. I would say give it a little time.

@acaudpdrkkl2015 We have a Queensland Heeler born of a blue mother and father that is all black. Like you, gotten from non-breeders so past lineage is dubious. Our other Queenie had a red parent and a blue parent and her markings are very faint and mixed. Not looking for hits or anything but here's a little video I did a while back:

Back