Please just be honest with me

@dardan Sounds like she probably looks like a pit bull mix even if she doesn't have a pit bull breed as her main breed. Not especially easy to rehome an adolescent pit-looking mutt with reactivity, to be honest.

If she legitimately has a significant content of Lab, you might be able to get a Lab rescue to take her. Especially if you can show them the DNA test (a lot of breed rescues near me have been getting burned lately so they won't take ambiguous dogs they can't verify the breed of). Real lab mixes from breed rescues are in higher demand than shelter "lab mixes" (pit bulls) which is what she'll be perceived as.

I would focus on the Lab rescues because they have higher demand and lower supply. American Bulldog rescues in some areas are inundated with dogs (that are and aren't real American Bulldogs). While they're still worth contacting, I'd prioritize Lab rescues.

@christopherb I will try reaching out to Lab rescues for sure. To me she looks Lab-ish, definitely has bully features . I didn’t know if Breed rescues would even take in mixes I had thought they only took in pure bred

Heres what she looks like: (hopefully the link works)

here

@dardan It depends on the rescue. Some rescues only take purebreds, but many take mixes as well. Not sure where you're located, but Golden Gate Labrador Rescue in SF takes mixes for sure, as an example.

@christopherb Seriously? What, like they demand to see AKC papers or something before they’ll take on the dog?

A rescue not taking on a “lab mix” that’s clearly a pit mix is one thing, but for a dog like OP’s or similar, where it clearly has lab in it even though it’s not only lab, that’s pretty shitty. Is it just an issue because of space, and they’d take them if their shelter was pretty empty, or is it like that all the time?