Opinions on just food for dogs & farmers dog? & Q about nutrient balance

johnny_mk1

I have an EXTREMELY picky dog, currently on PPP salmon & rice small breed, has been for 4 months, she’s a 15 lb biewer terrier (not fat at all just large framed) and this is probably the 7th food we’ve tried her on in 4 years, she basically hates all kibble and will go days without eating if we don’t cover it in wet food, most days she’s not interested in the wet food either, we’ve tried getting her on a meal schedule and it’s impossible she quite literally will go on a week long hunger strike. but my question is if fresh foods like just food for dogs or farmer dog are worth a shot? And if they’re actually even safe? Additionally, if she does enjoy the taste, would it be alright to use it as a topper for the PPP or would that throw off the balance If I just did like 2tbs of fresh mixed in with her kibble? Thanks in advance!

@johnny_mk1 My picky eater hated proplan anything. I’ve tried every topper imaginable. I found how to get him to eat is feeding him out of a flat plastic slow feed bowl(he hates stainless steel), he eats Royal Canin kibble small breed with cesar simply crafted topper mixed in. That is THE winner right now. I’ve heard good things about just for dogs but farmers dog not so much. I can’t imagine it would throw anything off by doing a bit mixed in. The cost might be a lot though.

@johnny_mk1 Mine loves the Farmers Dog turkey but I just felt like having chickpeas as a top ingredient wasn’t the best for him so I switched to JFFD and I’m happy my vet is no longer hounding me.

If he would have liked FD non-turkey recipes I’d be fine sticking with them. Only their turkey recipes contains peas.

@johnny_mk1 I’ve been using farmers dog for my 2 cockapoos
They are really enjoying it
It’s calorie portions are easy and so far my dogs have more vitality and my older ones skin looks better we use turkey and then switch to beef every other day
So far a winner

Back