My Dog saved my life tonight!

@zaidagal If it’s anything like when my house was robbed, they’ll send a detective to look around your house for 10 minutes and then scold you for having an unlocked window (it wasn’t unlocked, it was broken and the management company refused to fix it after repeated requests). Then they’ll leave and you’ll never hear anything from them again

@hiddenone46 My mom called the police because a guy was at the bathroom window watching her shower at my aunt's. They said that the dew wasn't disturbed (it was like 10pm) and that it was probably just a bunny rabbit. I was so pissed.

A few years later the neighbor across the street from my aunt went to jail for being a peeping Tom.

A similar thing happened to me in college when a dude went after me with his pants down outside of my apartment. I scared him off because I have all the rage and he was not expecting that response. The cop said that guy had been doing that a lot recently and to kids too so he was harmless and he refused to write a report. Like... In front of kids? Somehow makes it better? Wtf. Last I checked that's a felony charge.

I got a big & scary dog a few months later and he protected me thought my 20s until I got a big, scary looking husband.

@theundecided Wow that is completely ridiculous. That guy is absolutely not harmless, to kids??? But also I love you for scary him away with your rage lol. I’ve finally reached that point in life and it’s liberating in a way

I have a big boy who looks pretty scary (pit mix) but the one time some guy tried to creep on me when I had the pup with me, my dog started wiggling and tried to go up to the guy for pets. So betrayed lol

@theundecided A guy did that to high school kids on a field trip I was chaperoning and the cops were actually annoyed we wanted to file a report. The girl he did it to was really traumatized and this cop is like "its not a big deal he was just being a little weird, it's not worth ruining his life over, is it?"

@zaidagal Even if they dont catch the guy from her report if he attacks someone else her report can go against him if he does get caught or it can help the police get an idea on which areas are being targeted.