Member’s Mark / Sam’s Club

gigis

I’ve used Sam’s club dog food for years, (I know it’s not the ‘best’, but it’s affordable and accessible and I’m poor ok) but have recently found it out of stock everywhere. I thought maybe it had a recall, but can’t find anything confirming that. Does anyone know what’s up with it? Not available for shipping or pickup on their app, and can’t find it in club either.

@gigis Honestly I can’t find anything about it online which is a bit suspicious.

Although if you’re looking for a new food that is WSAVA compliant and cheaper Iams is a great option and anything Purina as they have many different options and price points.

Edit: Found this? Seems members mark was part of the Victor recall

@mufudzi Thank you!! I know - my dad said maybe they just don’t want to ship 40lbs (at least during the holidays?) but weird that it’s out of stock in store too.

@gigis I found it sorry, seems it’s a brand associated with Victor who just did a MASSIVE voluntary recall due to salmonella contamination

@gigis Chances are it will be out of stock well after you run out and are forced to make a change. I went with diamond pro89 ($60 for 40lb) after victor got recalled. Diamond performance goes for about $45 for 40lb on Amazon

@gigis I found out that MM dog food is part of the voluntary recall by Mid American Pet food. It also includes the Victor brands of dog food. That is why its not on the shelves now. This both good and bad as it confirms that Purina doesn not make the food and stinks because I have to find something to supplement until its back on the market.

@gigis Is there a NEW recall for January 2024? My dog is not feeling well, refuses to eat it, and he has non-stop diarrhea just like when they recalled this stuff in November 2023. I looked around and do not see anything documenting a new recall but my pup's symptoms are the same as last time.