Lancaster Puppies

wamiti

Lancaster Puppies IS a puppy mill advertiser!

Fellow mod @oldwoodsman brought this site to my attention and I feel the need to be absolutely clear with the sub since some people were apparently defending this abhorrent puppy mill advertiser. A cursory search on Google brought up their website, and it is almost immediately apparent to those who know what to look for that the puppies they have advertised are not healthy, which is an immediate red flag for a puppy mill. But to be fair, I did a simple search on reddit for any potential reports on the site from other users. To say I am appalled is an understatement. Below is a link to the search page, and a few links to specific posts that prove their status, which is that THEY ARE A PUPPY MILL ADVERTISER.

Puppies from LancasterPuppies are typically generally unhealthy, and often come with specific health and behavioral issues that can be devastating. I urge you to do your due diligence when seeking a new member of your household.

General reddit search page

https://www.reddit.com/search/?q=lancasterpuppies&source=recent&include_over_18=1

Post in r/legaladvice

Post in r/goldenretrievers

Post in r/VetTech

From this point forward the only time we will accept any content about lancasterpuppies is questions about purchases that have already been made seeking advice or otherwise. Anyone seen defending this site will be subject to removal per Rule 8.

@wamiti So, I decided to look more into Lancaster Puppies just to see how bad it is. At first it looks kind of normal but I realize there is NO information about the breeder, parents, parent health tests, titles, socialization. All the pups are being sold purely on looks alone. There are phone numbers to contact the "breeders" but that's it. I don't see any information showing that these pups were bred responsibly at all.

Is there anything else that others see that shows red flags? Definetly a puppy mill but I wanted to know of any other signs I may have overlooked. It's always good to learn more and help others look for the signs as well.

@wamiti Not all puppies available on Lancaster Puppies originate from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The marketplace is rather saturated, and each listing varies in terms of information provided. Puppies are sourced from various locations. Some listings may offer more comprehensive details than others. Nevertheless, it is the responsibility of the buyer to conduct thorough research prior to making a significant commitment, such as purchasing a dog online.

@wamiti Um... No. They aren't. I advertise on there and my dogs have OFA hip, cardiac, eye, thyroid and elbow testing. I found all my breeding stock from there, too. Not one single dog has ever failed basic health testing. I did have one single dog come up as dysplastic in one elbow, after a hunting injury. This was solely my fault for running a 10 month old dog. It's a site where all breeders can advertise, from show breeders to hobby breeders and everything in between. I'd love to see PROOF that these puppies a e coming from "mills" 😉

@kavya123 Proof is above, in the OP, and just because you got lucky and found "good" stock from an OBVIOUS mill advertiser, does not mean that we on this sub a) condone this advertising site, nor b) take the word of one, single, unverified breeder when HUNDREDS of verifiable stories are out there proving our point. A simple Google search and a BBB search does far more than the word of one person.

@brycliff They are. We are in PA, and you can't blame those who come to see our puppies for being apprehensive that they're embarking on a trip to an Amish farm. Once they get here, they see that we are small town breeders with beautiful puppies coming from very well-loved and taken care of parents. But the Amish have given us all a bad name. Luckily, my mother has been in the business so long that she has a wait list for her puppies full of referrals from other people, so it's now rare that we have to deal with a newcomer.

@am0516 It's okay. Many listings are outdated. You can only find AKC Breeds, too. If you want to find an Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog puppy, you are SOOL.

@recuerdo Generally, thus does apply to all known puppy mills. However, as LancasterPuppies was brought directly to my attention and I found so many heartbreaking stories of people being scammed by them right here on reddit, I went ahead and made a post about them specifically.