Kibble Questions

@kenm I made a post here not too long ago with some similar issues.

So far the only thing that’s helped is adding canned pumpkin purée to every meal. Maybe that could make things easier for you guys while you’re waiting for the vet, and looking at new foods.

@kenm We struggled with this with our rescue. We would get a bag of food and she would do good on it then all of a sudden diarrhea. She would go back on turkey and rice (chicken issues). It took about a year to find a food that works for her. We currently feed her Acana limited ingredient, open farms and Farmina. We do rotational feeding with the three brands. We also add some raw to her food as well which she does really well on. It fills her up but is also very gentle on her stomach to digest.

For the stomach is can take 2-3 weeks before the stomach is completely back to normal depending on your dog.

@kenm It depends on your dogs size and how quickly you go through a bad. I know people who switch every bag. Personally I do it about every 3 months. I also take note of when my bag has about 2 weeks of food left in it and will grab the same bag or my new rotated food to ensure that I can transition her properly.

Back