Just rescued an 8 year old deaf American Bully and he’s amazing but “loves” very aggressively

lordhelps86

My household is no stranger to rescues as this fella is now pack member #5. He fits in great with our Great Pyrenees (F2), Aussie Collie (M3), Malinois (M1), and Pit-Boxer (M11). He’s great with our 7 & 9 year old as well.

Backstory: He came to us after being owner surrendered to be euthanized due to his previous owner free feeding him with 3 other dogs, which with a deaf doggo is of course a HUGE no no. He got mauled and dumped off to die after 8 years with these people who did not train him whatsoever or have him neutered.

Now he is home safe with us and it took me 2 days to teach him sign for come, stay, and sit. He looks to me for guidance and it’s beautiful. He’s super smart. He also has an appointment to be neutered September 13th. With all that said, there is one thing. He is constantly trying to mount me. His upper body strength is out of this world and he latches on to my legs and has bruised them and tore them up. Obviously “no” doesn’t work because he cannot hear me. I’m hoping that after his neuter things will get better, but in the interim I would still love any kind of advice on how to stop it. It’s only me he does it to.

No matter what, he is here with us to stay, I’d just like to be able to load my dishwasher without him going for my legs.