Is my puppy growing too fast? 0.5kg in 2 days! Also, signs of hip dysplasia?

@joyousli I got a 40lbs 4 month old that's a mix breed, do you think I should be worried? Mix breeds get a hybred boost sometimes and get bigger than both parents. I got a husky mutt and I think she's crossed with a corgi despite having long legs and large frame.(prolly like 20 different breeds in her) I'm excited to see how big she will get. According to charts she's maxing out the large breed scales and should be like 140. I doubt she'll get that big but the weights lined up perty good for my Sheperd I had years ago. As for hip dysplasia, don't run your pup too much. I'm bad for this , biking is off the table for like the first year despite her savage energy level. (this is hard for me) If they are born with it all you can do is try to give them the best life possible and accept that. I had a husky with bad hips, 6 months he would rather drag his back end 5 feet over standing and walking three steps.
We gave him glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin, Salmon oil, and msm. (A lot of it)Didn't see a change for like two months or more, even then he was not right but could play and run. My ex has him and he get some kind of shots and looks better than ever at ten.
Don't stress over things that MAY be and just deal with them as they come. Enjoy your fur baby and don't focus so much on what they "should " be.

@terapoison Thanks for the info and encouragement! I definitely worry too much. She is my first puppy and I just want to give her the world haha. I'm really happy to hear that your husky is doing so well!

@joyousli At that size and age it’s normal to have growth spurts and grow a ton. My boy put on about 2.5 lbs (a little over 1kg) a week.

Also, day to day weights aren’t reliable. How much food has she eaten? Water drank? Poops had? Exercise? They can shift by significant amounts between morning and night.

@joyousli I would definitely recommend looking into getting your pup Pennhip tested if you're worried about hip dysplasia. The results can be very accurate, even in dogs at such a young age.

Back