Is anyone else’s puppy an angel from 11:00am-4:00pm but a certified member of Al-Qaeda outside of those hours?

@justincann Check out some of Zak Georges crate training videos on YouTube, worked like a charm for us, within 2 days our 10 week old pup now loves her crate and goes in it on her own to play and sleep! We really covered it and made it a nice, small, cosy and dark den. She naturally goes in it to relax now!

@lea534 I just cackled out loud reading this. We can go for as many walks/runs as possible during the day, see all his friends, play for HOURS and it will get to 10pm and he will turn into a demon. Last night my partner and I had a ridiculous argument which devolved into 'no, I'm not throwing his banana (toy) because he bit me on the nose and naughty boys don't get their Bananas thrown' which he (pup) eventually understood and decided to bugger his toys and just go for biting noses and toes instead.

@csamaru Oh god this is familiar. Puppies who bite toes, ankles, knees, fingers, noses, or ears get put on the floor and ignored. If I want her to sleep I have to turn off the lights and my phone screen and lie there in the dark. I know she's tired. I know she's tired. It's time for bed and she's a bitey demon.

@melindatodd If my pup wants attention and I'm not looking at him, he'll run up, nip my thigh, and stare at me. Completely out of nowhere. I prefer when he grabs one of his slobbery, completely destuffed toys and drops it on my lap. He's lucky he's cute.

@csamaru Does your pup sleep at all during the day? Because he/she might not be having enough naps. It seems counter intuitive, but if they don’t sleep enough during the day, they’ll be awful at night. Learnt this the hard way...

@lea534 At 2 years old my dog is still this way! Definitely not as bad as when he was a puppy, I swear he became a demon that I would run and hide from on the couch every night at 8pm. We would call it his "eight o'clock terrors" or his "witching hour" lol. Even as an adult if he gets proper exercise he will still go crazy sometime between 8pm-12pm. He always does things that are a little on the evil side then too, like trying to chew his bed or trying to rip the carpet. He gets this little crazy, evil glint to his eyes as well and I know the next hour will be intense until he crashes. I've found a peanut butter kong is my best friend during these times. Which was probably his grand plan all along, be evil and train the human to give him peanut butter!

@greenhill Almost 8 months old now, still has these fits some days, not every day thankfully. Probably in puberty phase now, since his mood seems to shift radically each day and even during the day.

@allison328 Was literally talking to my dog’s trainer about his witching hour yesterday! Turned 9 months old today and at around 7:30/8 PM a switch flips and he will try to nip and bite at me and when I fuss at him for doing that he barks at me in frustration. 70 lb puppies are fun!

@faianelva796 Ha - as someone with a 9.5 wk 21 pound pup who will likely work her way to your pup's size ... I'm extremely curious if the trainer gave you any magic advice for this (probably wishful thinking on my part).

@lea534 Opal gets a big burst of energy that lasts from 9pm-11pm usually. It’s kind of an annoying time, especially as we’re usually winding down to go to bed. But she’s gotten a bit better about bringing us a ball to throw for her when she’s feeling playful instead of just biting like a mad woman.

Back