I’m so sick of entitled customers (rant)

I’ve been a groomer for about a decade now, and a manager at a Corp salon for 4 years. Ever since Covid ppl have just lost their damn minds! I’ve never dealt with such rudeness, entitlement, condescension. Just now I had a customer that made a same day appt, she called this morning and I squeezed her in at TWO. Was doing her a favor bc I didn’t really have the time but I’m a pushover. So she showed up at NOON and said they came a long way and they had stuff to do. I literally don’t have a kennel for this dog, they are all full. WHICH IS WHY I CHOSE TWO O’CLOCK. I told her that a) he’d be banished to the back and tethered to the wall if we took him now and that b) all the groomers are busy and he wouldn’t even be worked on until 2. She didn’t care. Wanted to leave him anyways. So now I’m stuck with a poor hairy baby who will be here an unnecessarily long time bc his mom is an asshole.

Like, do ppl like that make a dr appt and then just show up whenever they want? I don’t understand why some ppl just don’t understand appts. Or they do but they don’t give a shit. I’m charging her a kenneling fee.

@217 Totally justified in charging a kennel fee at the very least. Unfortunately people are assholes and doing them favors will screw you over Everytime.

@217 When I worked at corporate and people would pull this or try to leave their dogs for more than 5 hours… we would charge them the “overnight charge” and say it was for daycare.

Back