How the flying f*ck do you dremel down a small fluffy dog’s nails?

@sanctified112 Not that black and white when the dog is small and the fur is too fine for even a 30 blade to catch all the fur that grows down, directly parallel with and flush with the nail.

@sanctified112 Noted, thank you! I’ll look at getting that size. I should note, I’m not a professional groomer who grooms for the public - it’s just my personal dog I groom so my understanding of “correct” is definitely not on point. I had done some research prior to and read 30 blade was used for paw pads (at least by some people) but sounds like 40 blade might be more ideal in my instance.

@madison_breen I’ve considered it and looked into them but there were a lot of potentially cheap options pulling up on Amazon and nowhere else online so I didn’t know how to discern good quality from cheapo. Can you give me deets for the one you like?

@prayforsne Pros: better control, you can use ALL the surfaces of this bit even the top for rounding nails, I feel like it doesn't suck hair into it as frequently,smoother finish, never needing replacements

Cons: I feel like it definitely heats up if I'm taking crazy long and thick nails, the adjustment to it was rough since you really have to change your pressure on the Dremel and get comfortable with it, it takes longer to finish the nails until you are adjusted.

@prayforsne I definitely feel like you have to use more pressure with the diamond bit but I think it's less abrasive which is what makes everything so smooth. Also when I have accidentally caught the dogs pad it doesn't both then or leave any marks

@slappy1402 https://preview.redd.it/x5cssf34clq...bp&s=34a7628835113dacb628146ce24381e1c895a364

Yes I up until now have clipped so they’re not excessively short or curled under. He just has a hella small paw. The red parts I circled are the furry bits I’m talking about. I can’t reach it with clippers or it’s so fine that the clippers don’t cut it. And because it lays right next to the nail, I can’t even grab it with my finger and realistically pull it away while dremeling.