How many days a week do you normally work?

@nihal At my salon we are very very groomer oriented. Groomers get burntout and overwhelmed constantly. We make our own schedules, most of them look like 4/5 days a week, starting at 9am ending at 1pm or 3pm and with this flexibility and control that we allow our groomers they are actually much more productive and do the same amount of dogs rhat they would with more days (all on their own choice, they can take less but they kill it through 6-8 dogs a day with beautiful quality). You even BEING there (not only being at two stores to cover for the person that no longer works at store A) is helpful. Taking even 2 days full of clients is a huge work load off of your co-workers schedules, the receptionist trying to find a space to book dogs, and overall the general mood and focus of all your peers. I understand the high standard you hold yourself to and the anxiety youre having over the situation. Taking care of yourself is key, everything else will follow. Much love, I hope your spring goes well!

@linnspin The owner usually lets us do whatever we choose. I had previously worked for him but quit due to what I thought was a better opportunity. It was my choice to work at both stores because he could only give me three days at B and two at A. I thought I could handle 5 days because that’s always what I’ve done. I don’t think he’ll have an issue with me dropping down. I’m in the process of helping him hire on a new groomer for B, which is the one I’ll be dropping down from. Thank you for the love and hope!

@nihal You're on the road to an injury. Your body won't be able to cope . Look forward to your hands not working right. The back issues will be challenging . And these Salons will work you to death. Most groomers eventually will need a surgery on their hands or back or both.

@dagassman76 I was a gamer growing up and in colorguard all through high school and some in college. My hands already give me issues. I’ve tried wearing compression gloves while grooming but it severely worsens the hair splitters.

@nihal 4 days one week 5 the next. Full time at my salon is considered working 4 days a week

We open at 830 and groomers leave when done. Our salon is also closed to the public from 12-1 for everyone to be able to take a peaceful lunch without interruption.

@nihal Five days a week sometimes six if I want more money but I have two days off in a row. I book three to four haircuts a day plus nail trims/paw packages, maybe a small bath tossed in.

@nihal Most the full time groomers at my salon are 5 days a week (40 hours). I was 5 days up till I went on maternity leave at 35 weeks. We also work for 50% commission.

@savedbygrace67 We’re also 50%. I just live in a VERY overpriced apartment. It doesn’t help that we get a lot of no shows and, despite trying to get the salon to enforce a no show fee, there’s no repercussion for it. No shows typically are the big dogs so I end up with my highest ticket for the day being $70.

Back