Hey breeders, what should I include in my email to a breeder?

bpps

I’m planning to reach out to a breeder close to me. I’m looking for a mentor who might let me use their dog in juniors and help me learn more about the breed.

What should I include in my email?

I was planning on putting my name, city, asking if they’re going to any shows soon, and explaining I’m looking for a mentor.

But, I’m not sure what else I should put/mention. My mom says I should put in my experience showing (4-H, never done AKC, but still good), a little bit about me (what would I write???). Is there anything super important I should put? What am I missing?

Thank you so much, I’ve never done this before!

@imagebeastmarkbeast Just having a hard time putting why the breed is important to me into words. I always had my eye on a different breed, but a while ago I learned of this breed and just became danced, they seem like my perfect match, everything I’m looking for in a dog.

@imagebeastmarkbeast It’s been a week today, no response. But I understand breeders can be very busy.

I might be going to a local show this Sunday. Would it be appropriate to send another email, maybe replying to the other one I sent, just saying “hi, I understand you’re busy. I might be at the (insert) show, if I see you there and you’re not busy, would it be alright if I stop by to introduce myself and chat with you?”

I did check the premium (or whatever it is that says the time each breed goes) and there will be 9 Bouviers on the day I’m going!

@imagebeastmarkbeast There’s no other breeders near me besides the one. I got the name of a handler, should I contact her or wait longer?

I wasn’t able to go to the show because I caught a bug, and they didn’t respond either way.

Back