Have you ever had a hard time finding the b hole??

liorex

Just groomed a corgi... I just couldn't find his butthole at first. It was like... on the top of his rear end where a tail should be maybe higher. I see why the owners were concerned about his but being trimmed well bc of poo. I pray he does not get diarrhea often.

That is all

@liorex i dont remember what type of dog it was, probably some shih tzu thing, but while lifting her tail to do her sani i said out loud "wheres your butthole?"

my coworker who was in the middle of grooming had to pause because she started cracking up. we had someone who doesnt work in the salon helping us out with sweeping who immediately raised his head and looked at me like wtf lol but to be fair the dogs butthole was a really weird color that blended in with the fur disturbingly well

@sonny9313 I can never find my Shih Tzu's butt hole either. It really is camouflaged and I keep asking her how she goes poo! I feel like a failure at Shih Tzu Anatomy 101 so I am glad I'm not the only one.

@liorex Yes! I used to do this tiny guinea pig sized Yorkie, and I couldn't find it the first time I groomed her. I sat there trying to find it for like 5 minutes before I gave up and asked my boss. She looked at me like I was crazy and walked over to check it out. She had this "I've got this" attitude to her, and then her smirk faded. She was like, "wait, this is weird!" She eventually found it, and we all had a laugh about it. Ngl, it was like she clinched her butt so hard, you seriously couldn't see a hole. It was very strange, and I haven't encountered that since. I think about it all the time honestly lol

@liorex Yeah, I think about dog asses way too much, lmao.

We just got back from an expo, and my work-wife took a class with Blake Hernandez, where he discussed rear sanis. My coworker paraphrased it to me by saying, "yeah, and he said to be very careful clipping their butts because those clipper teeth will catch it and eat it up like nom nom nom." The way she said nom nom nom was foul, and it lives in my head rent free every time I do sanis now 💀😂

@liorex I have a “miniature” cattle dog that I have that issue with. She’s a bit chunky and has the start of that butt roll dogs get, has no tail whatsoever, and sits in defiance whenever I try to look for it 😂 I also trim her little butt fluff to make it look like she has some resemblance of a nub

@liorex Tailless dogs sometimes are born or get docked so close. Also a short stub can sort of disappear into rectum in a fat dog. Also in naturally dogged breeds something the spine end ,rectum , and anal glands are a bit off. As in corgi and pugs

@liorex We have a poor severely overweight mini aussie come in that doesn't really have a tail because his fat roll functions as a tail and covers his butthole. The poor groomer has a time getting to it because he's also lazy and doesn't like to stand. So she's all the time just over there, "Joey, please, I need your butthole for like 2 seconds".
There was also a vet (retired) who actually reconstructed a butt for a dog we groomed that passed a few years later. (I wanna say the dog had rectal cancer)