Has an owner asked for a shave down that was necessary?

@evall I’m sure that I’d have no issue asking for that.

My dogs are still on the mend after I had a living situation arise, and my ex had my dog for months and didn’t get their nails trimmed or groomed them ever. So, as you can imagine, it’s been a bit rough getting their nails situated and grooming on top of it. One dog besides his paws is completely fine coat wise, but his sister is almost undoubtedly going to end up being shaved down, I think her coat is a bit too far gone, but best case is that I pick her up and she’s still got a lot of her coat left!

@evall I’ve been there! I told my groomer ahead of time that my dog had been itching his ears and under his chin a lot and there were matts in those areas and i said i was good with them shaving his head if they need to. i told them how his fur might be uneven because I myself try to cut those areas out but it’s a bit difficult cause i’m not a groomer lol. They called about halfway through my appointment to say he had to have his head shaved to prepare me. they were supper great and understanding. def all for short hair on doodles, it makes my dog so much more comfortable.