Gut Health supplements

whatislife

We recently switched from Farmer’s Dog to Just for Dogs. I’m interested in a supplement that could help with allergies. Does anyone have experience with Four Leaf Rover Gut Digestion or with Organic Gut Solutions?

@whatislife Allergy supplements like that are a scam. Your dog will do better one a diet that meets WSAVA guidelines and medication to help control allergies. If the allergies are food related, use a Hydrolyzed diet. If you are able to, working with a veterinary dermatologist is also a great option.

@whatislife Chiming in to say if your dog has intermittent digestive issues on FD, mine did too (variable stools/semi-regular diarrhea) and per the vet, it meant he wasn't digesting, ie absorbing something in the mix. She also did an on-the-fly analysis of the ingredients and noted some of them weren't digestible in the present levels/combinations. Your results may vary of course, my dog loved the stuff. It just wasn't right for him. on his new diet, his stools are small, firm, and minimally stank.