Good Plays, Still Cautious

izzy1728

I wrote about two of our dogs, O (2M neutered) and E (8month F intact, reactive), and their recent relationship change post-heat with E. I went to the vet with E and we were prescribed an anti anxiety med. It has helped so much! She is less scream-y and less reactive toward O. We’ve gotten to the place where I can have her on a longer lead in the house (attached to me), and their interactions are mostly positive. They have played, gotten fed, and even napped NEAR each-other with no issues.

I am still cautious because there are instances where E still goes after O. I haven’t quite caught the initial communication/issue, but what happens after is O will sneak to the bedroom and E will try to run after him to attack. She growls and snarls, and I lift her out of the area and close the door to give O safety. Has anyone else experienced something similar? I don’t believe O had a treat or a toy he’s harboring…but there’s a flip. It’s not during a particular time of day.

Per the encouragement of the vet, we will continue taking our meds, keep her leashed, and perhaps move toward cage muzzle when we feel comfortable off leash (in the house). Just in case.