Found puppy in a highway

@bella7 It’s ok. Couple rounds of vaccines normally and all good to roam within 6 weeks or something. A week after the second round. See what vet says but don’t be alarmed

@ayakuro 100% this. It nearly killed our current dog. We got her and by the next day she had diarrhea which I hoped was due to changes. By day 3 she was at the vet for a 10 day stay that she nearly didn’t make it through. She got a blood transfusion and feeding tube. After that we had to nearly force her to eat to gain muscle back, she couldn’t even stand at all or hold her head up much. She was on so many meds too. It was a rough week to make it through but we did it. When we tried to inform the family we got her from that the rest of the litter for sure had it, they never responded and I doubt they told other ppl who took the puppies about it.
She is now 4 and the best dog!

@bella7 If someone comes up claiming the puppy, do not return the puppy to them unless they have definitive proof like multiple clear pictures of the pup that have the same little features. I don't trust people not to try to claim pups that are not theirs to either make a quick buck or get a free puppy.

I had this happen to me about 5 weeks ago and I was pretty sure nobody was looking for her considering her condition. Nobody did end up claiming her so she is a happy and crazy part of my family now. Definitely take this pup to the vet and ask for as many tests as you can reasonably afford (fecal smear, blood test, ect.) My stray ended up having two types of worms, an intestinal parasite, parvo, and distemper. But since we tested her and treated her early she survived.

Congratulations on the new family member and I wish them a long healthy life!!! 🙂

@bella7 My dad went out for milk one morning and came home with a 6-week-old puppy that had been abandoned at the convenience store. "Lucky" was an amazing family dog for 15 years.

Congratulations!

@bella7 I really, really hope that you will keep him and give him a loving home 💕 puppies are a lot of work but it’s so worth it in the end, especially when you save their life the way that you did 💕🥰

@bella7 This dog was meant for you.

Years ago one of my college friends was driving cross country and a dog hopped into her van at a gas station. Shelter said it was a stray and she could keep it. It’s dog/human bond is beautiful.

By the way, check out Kikopup YouTube training videos. She covers everything from crate training to tricks and is easy to understand. Saved me with our unexpected rescue puppy before I got a trainer (also look for the words “force free” and “positive reinforcement” when looking for a dog trainer!)