Fence covering ideas? I want one that 100% is a visual blocker

kghpilotskydive

I already read past posts ☺️

I purchased this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FWF89QF?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

You can still see through it quite well especially when it’s sunny out. I was thinking of getting fake ivy to put on the fence, but my partner is worried the little fake ivy pieces will blow off and pollute the earth.

Next option is this:
https://www.amazon.com/Fenpro-Chain...672085122&sprefix=,aps,1805&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

Eventually we want to plant native plants that are tall and will provide privacy, but that won’t be for awhile.

Any insight is very appreciated!

@kghpilotskydive For what it’s worth, we had fence slats on one side and the privacy screen on the other, and the screen was better than the slats, because she could see better between the slats then the screen.

What actually worked, was adding a second barrier so she couldn’t get right up on the fence. And with the space, she was able to listen and leave it. We were able to use three ex pens to create a temporary, movable, barrier in front of the fences. Just having a few extra feet from the fence made a huge difference.

@kghpilotskydive Correct! The 400 series and any others that say "100% blockage" are not at all see through. It took me quite a while to find one like this, but I'm happy I kept looking as the "regular" somewhat see through ones didnt do much to help my dog.

@kghpilotskydive Happy to help! One thing I forgot to mention is that we bought the fence screen in October of 2020. Hopefully their turnaround times are still similar (or better) now than they were then! Also, make sure you also get some big zip ties to secure the screen to your fence.

@kghpilotskydive I am sorry to necro this thread, but @kghpilotskydive, I have question for you: Did you ever buy that privacy screen and was it actually completely opaque? I was just hoping to get a confirmation that @veroch wasn't a marketing employee from that company on Reddit. Call me paranoid, but I've been burned before so that's where this is coming from.

@locke1 Don’t apologize! You can’t see through it at all!! It’s legit. I actually don’t even use it anymore because I installed a 6 foot wood fence. I’ll sell you mine if u want

@kghpilotskydive Not sure where you live but potato vine grows very fast. Pitiasporum is another good hedge… will take a year to be a good blind.
There are plenty of good fabrics to staple to the fence until the blinder vegetation matures